Clarksville Burglary Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Burglary Charges in Tennessee
When facing burglary charges in Clarksville, you need a legal team committed to protecting your rights and crafting a strategic defense tailored to your case. At Jeff Grimes & Associates, we specialize in criminal defense, and our experienced attorneys are well-versed in navigating the complexities of burglary cases. With a proven track record of success, our firm is dedicated to providing you with the strong legal representation you deserve.
Call Jeff Grimes & Associates today at (931) 398-5308 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our burglary attorney in Clarksville!
What is Burglary?
Burglary is a severe criminal offense involving unlawfully entering a building to commit a crime inside. The crime itself may vary, ranging from theft to assault, but the essential element of burglary is the illegal entry with criminal intent. In Tennessee, burglary is categorized into three degrees based on the circumstances surrounding the offense.
- First-Degree Burglary: Involves entering a habitation with the intent to commit a felony, causing injury, or using or threatening to use a deadly weapon. This is considered a Class D felony.
- Second-Degree Burglary: This occurs when someone unlawfully enters a building not classified as a habitation intending to commit a felony or theft. Second-degree burglary is a Class C felony.
- Third-Degree Burglary: This offense involves unlawfully entering a building intending to commit a felony or theft. It is considered a Class D felony.
Understanding the specific degree of burglary you are charged with is crucial, as it directly impacts the potential penalties you may face.
What are the Penalties for Burglary in Tennessee?
The consequences of a burglary conviction in Tennessee can be severe, with penalties ranging from fines to lengthy prison sentences. The severity of the punishment is influenced by factors such as the degree of burglary, any aggravating circumstances, and the defendant's criminal history.
- First-Degree Burglary: A Class D felony, punishable by imprisonment for 2 to 12 years and fines up to $5,000.
- Second-Degree Burglary: Classified as a Class C felony, the penalties include imprisonment for 3 to 15 years and fines up to $10,000.
- Third-Degree Burglary: Also a Class D felony, individuals convicted of third-degree burglary may face imprisonment for 2 to 12 years and fines up to $5,000.
Beyond the legal consequences outlined above, a burglary conviction can cast enduring effects on both your personal and professional spheres. A criminal record can potentially hinder job prospects, complicate housing applications, and tarnish your standing within the community.
Defenses Against Burglary Charges
Navigating a burglary charge requires a strategic and comprehensive defense. At Jeff Grimes & Associates, our skilled attorneys employ a variety of defenses tailored to the unique circumstances of each case:
- Lack of Intent: Arguing that no criminal intent at entry can be a strong defense. If it can be demonstrated that you did not enter the building intending to commit a crime, the charges may be challenged.
- Mistaken Identity: Sometimes, mistaken identity can play a significant role. Our team will thoroughly investigate the evidence and challenge the prosecution's case if there are doubts about the accuracy of witness identifications.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If law enforcement conducted an illegal search or seizure, evidence obtained through these means may be deemed inadmissible in court. This can significantly weaken the prosecution's case.
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the sufficiency of the evidence against you is a fundamental defense strategy. Our attorneys will meticulously review all evidence to identify weaknesses and gaps in the prosecution's case.
Contact Our Clarksville Burglary Attorney Today
Facing burglary charges is a serious matter that requires prompt and effective legal representation. Jeff Grimes & Associates is committed to defending your rights and providing the strategic advocacy you need during this challenging time. With a proven record of success in criminal defense, our experienced attorneys are ready to fight for you. Contact us today and take the first step toward building a solid defense against burglary charges in Tennessee.
Contact Jeff Grimes & Associates today to meet with our burglary lawyer in Clarksville!
At Jeff Grimes & Associates, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.
- Lisa S.
I hired their law firm for a legal case and not only were they highly professional but always courteous and respectful. They exceeded my expectations and got me everything I needed. If I ever need legal services again I will definitely be choosing them in the future.
- Brad H.
If you need legal counsel then I highly recommend you make an appointment with this firm. Mr. Sensing was my attorney and is very dedicated to his clients going to great lengths to provide the very best defense possible. Stays in touch with his clients always bringing them up to speed on what is being done in their case providing copies of everything to the client. HONEST, LOYAL, AND DEDICATED this firm gets 5 stars.
- Spence W.
I took a trip out to TN and got in to some trouble in Clarksville and needed representation for a case while I was I back in my home state. I went to Grimes, Sensing & Clemons feeling distraught and like I had no hope, seeking a solid defense attorney that would actually fight for my case and get me the best possible deal. I left feeling comfortable and confident. I can honestly say I was not disappointed, the only time I needed to come back to TN was for the sentencing(mind you cases may differ) and unbelievably Jeffery Grimes was able to pull a rabbit out of a hat and get a felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor as well as talk down the court fines... I strongly suggest Jeffery Grimes as your defense attorney for any legal issues you may have, also their fees are very reasonable and they will do payment plans. Thank you very much Grimes, Sensing and Clemons.
- Satisfied Client
Thank you so much Grimes, Sensing & Clemons PLLC!! I've been working with them for months and I couldn't be happier. Grimes helped with all of the little details I didn't even know I needed. He is always friendly and ready to answer all of my questions. Your attention to my case has allowed me to focus on what's important to me, healing and family. Thank you for helping me I know it’s your job but the peace of mind you gave me is priceless. Thanks again! ~ YC
- Toni M.
I hired Mr Sensing to assist me with the modification of a parenting plan that just wasn’t working anymore. I hired another lawyer in the Clarksville area that did not do their due diligence. Mr Sensing and his team were great throughout the process. Emails and phone calls were actually returned in a timely manner! Which wasn’t the case with the lawyer I used before. I had access to all my court documents and was always kept informed on what was going on with my case. Lastly Mr Sensing is very experienced and knowledgeable in his field. The outcome for my request was better than I could have hoped for, and I honestly feel like that was due to Mr Sensing.
- Dennis H.
Grimes is the best defense lawyer you could ask for. He was able to take what would generally be a felony for sure and get it down to a misdemeanor and a fine. If you have him as your lawyer, you won't have anything to worry about.
- David L.
Mr.Grimes made my case go very smoothly and easily for me I was out of state for a good part of it he went out of his way to let me know if something changed and he was always very professional and fairly priced! I would recommend him a thousand times over!!
- Satisfied Client
Mr. Sensing is an excellent attorney. He fought with me the whole 2 years my case took for me to get the time with my son I’ve always wanted. I will definitely recommend his services to anyone and I will be going back to him if I have any issues in the future. Also Pat and Amy are awesome!!